Here are the official public holidays in Ghana for the new year 2023, we will have 13 of them.
In Ghana, if a public holiday falls on a weekend, it is usually observed on the next weekday i.e a Monday.
Public Holidays in Ghana 2023
- New Year’s Day – Sunday, 1st January
- Constitution Day – Saturday, 7th January
- Independence Day – Monday, 6th March
- Good Friday – Friday, 7th April
- Easter Monday – Monday, 10th April
- Eid al-Fitr – Saturday, 22nd April
- Workers’ Day – Monday, 1st May
- Eid al-Adha – Wednesday, 28th June*
- Founders’ Day – Friday, 4th August
- Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Day – Thursday, 21st September
- Farmers’ Day – Friday, 1st December
- Christmas Day – Monday, 25th December
- Boxing Day – Tuesday, 26th December
*Subject to the visibility of the moon
Is 7th January a holiday in Ghana?
Yes, 7th January is public holiday in Ghana; Constitution Day
Is 1st July a holiday in Ghana?
No, 1st July is no longer an official public holiday in Ghana.
Is 7th March a holiday in Ghana?
No, 7th March is not a holiday in Ghana. 7th March is only a resting day for primary & high school pupils and their teachers.
When are the Easter Holidays in Ghana 2023?
The Easter holidays in Ghana, 2023 will begin on Good Friday, 7th April and end on Easter Monday, 10th April.