Ghana and South Africa have signed a bilateral agreement that gives both citizens the ease to travel to either country visa free.
What this means is that you don’t need to apply for a visa to visit South Africa if you hold an ordinary Ghanaian passport.
This works vice versa for South African citizens as well.
All you basically have to do is to buy your ticket.
How Many Days Can I Stay in South Africa?
You can stay in South Africa for a cumulative period of 90 days within a year.
To spend more than 90 days, you will need to apply for a visa.
When Will The Visa Free Agreement Between Ghana and South Africa be Effective?
The visa free agreement between both countries will take effect from November 1, 2023 to October 31, 2024.
What are the Entry Requirements to Enter South Africa as a Ghanaian?
The fact that you don’t need a visa to travel to South Africa doesn’t mean you can just wake up, buy your ticket and visit the country. You will need the following to travel to South Africa:
- A valid Ghanaian passport that will still be valid even after one month of your trip departure date.
- Your Ghanaian passport must have at least two blank pages for stamping.
- A valid return air flight ticket or proof of reservation thereof.
- A residential address of where you intend to stay during your stay in South Africa. This could be a hotel or an Airbnb
- A yellow fever vaccination certificate. Certificate should be at least 10 days before your trip to South Africa
Get everything is place and enjoy your travel to South Africa.