✔New: You can now re-register your MTN, Vodafone, AirtelTigo SIM cards by yourself. All you have to do is to visit your app store, download the self-service app and pay Ghc 5 to register a SIM card.
The SIM Registration App with be available on the Google Play and App stores the first week of August, 2022.
Starting October 2021, all SIM cards are required to be officially registered using the Ghana Card.
All current MTN, Vodafone, AirtelTigo and Glo users are to re-register their SIM cards.
How to Register your MTN, Vodafone, AirtelTigo or Glo SIM card
- Dial the SIM registration short code *404#
- Enter your Ghana card PIN. Do not add the hyphen
- Confirm your Ghana card PIN
- Enter your surname
- Type your first name(s)
- Type your date of birth – day, month and year
- Choose your sex – male or female
- Confirm details – You will receive a code after successful confirmation. Dial *400# to check unique code if you don’t receive it
- Submit details provided after confirmation to complete USSD SIM registration
I Didn’t Receive SIM Registration Code
Dial short code *400# to see your unique code. Dial *404# to check if reregistration was successful.
If you are unsuccessful due to verification failure, you will be informed to contact NIA.
If you are unsuccessful due to wrong details, you will have 3 attempts to answer security questions.
When is the Deadline for SIM Reregistration in Ghana?
The deadline for SIM registration has been extended to 30th September, 2022.
If you fail to reregister your SIM card before the deadline, you won’t be able to use your SIM card.
After you are done registering your SIM via USSD, visit your network operator’s shop to complete final stage of registration – biometric registration.
MTN SIM Card Registration Centres
Visit the following places to re-register your MTN SIM card
- MTN Offices / Branches
- MTN Connect Stores
- MTN Distributor Branches
- Light Retail Stores
- MTN Retail Centres and Agent Touch Points
What You Need to Register SIM card
You will need to present the following at the registration centres:
- Ghana Card
- Ghana Post Address
- Unique Code. Dial *400# for it
For further information call 100.